August 2006 - Green Mountain Energy Company announced that it is supplying a total of 51 million kWh of renewable energy annually to seven Texas-based businesses. The agreements include:
- Dallas-based ClubCorp is purchasing renewable energy for 27 of its private business and country clubs as well as public golf clubs in Dallas and Houston.
- FedEx Kinko's is increasing green power usage for 56 of its stores in Texas.
- The Hyatt Regency Dallas at Reunion and Hyatt Regency DFW are renewing their commitments to purchase renewable electricity for 100% of their electricity needs.
- Austin-based Fired Up, Inc., owner and operator of Johnny Carino's Italian restaurants, is purchasing renewable energy for 28 of its restaurants in Texas.
- John Deere has renewed its purchase of renewable energy for its distribution facility in Northwest Dallas.
- Recreational Equipment Inc. (REI) is purchasing renewable energy for four of its Texas stores.
- Rooms To Go, a national furniture retailer, is purchasing renewable energy for 11 of its stores in the Dallas area.
News Release - Several Leading Texas Businesses Choose Cleaner Electricity
October 2005 - On October 1, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Green Power Partnership released an updated list of its Top 25 Partners. Several new companies or organizations appear on the list, including: Safeway (with annual renewable energy purchases of 78,000 MWh); The Tower Companies (41,000 MWh); the U.S. Army/Fort Carson (40,000 MWh); Hyatt Regency Reunion & DFW Hotels (35,300 MWh); and Western Washington University (35,000 MWh). The federal government continues to be the nation's largest green power purchaser, led by the U.S. Air Force with collective annual purchases of more than 320,000 MWh. In addition, by increasing its purchases, the U.S. Department of Energy moved up twelve spots to fourth place on the list.
Additional information - List of Top 25 Green Power Purchasers
EPA Contact: Kurt Johnson (202) 343-9231
August 2005 - Two Hyatt hotels in Dallas have entered into an agreement with Austin-based Green Mountain Energy Company to purchase renewable energy for 100% of their electricity needs. Together, the Hyatt Regency Dallas at Reunion and Hyatt Regency DFW International Airport will purchase about 34 million kWh of renewable energy annually, which is the largest hospitality industry purchase of renewable energy nationally.
News Release - Two Dallas Hyatt Properties Become Industry Leader with Purchase of 100 Percent Renewable Electricity