Green Mountain Energy Company announced that it is supplying a total of 51 million kWh of renewable energy annually to seven Texas-based businesses. The agreements include:
- Dallas-based ClubCorp is purchasing renewable energy for 27 of its private business and country clubs as well as public golf clubs in Dallas and Houston.
- FedEx Kinko's is increasing green power usage for 56 of its stores in Texas.
- The Hyatt Regency Dallas at Reunion and Hyatt Regency DFW are renewing their commitments to purchase renewable electricity for 100% of their electricity needs.
- Austin-based Fired Up, Inc., owner and operator of Johnny Carino's Italian restaurants, is purchasing renewable energy for 28 of its restaurants in Texas.
- John Deere has renewed its purchase of renewable energy for its distribution facility in Northwest Dallas.
- Recreational Equipment Inc. (REI) is purchasing renewable energy for four of its Texas stores.
- Rooms To Go, a national furniture retailer, is purchasing renewable energy for 11 of its stores in the Dallas area.
News Release - Several Leading Texas Businesses Choose Cleaner Electricity